The Colnes Angling Society is a well established club, having celebrated its’ centenary in 2010.
Originally formed for the residents of the four Colnes villages and nearby Chappel, membership is now open to any angler who wishes to join. In 1910 the Society began by renting stretches of the River Colne, however over the ensuing years the Society has acquired the fishing rights to a number of still waters and additional stretches of river. The acquisition of the popular Pebmarsh Lake in the 1970’s saw a rapid growth in membership, which currently stands at around 400. Our club offers excellent fishing, in beautiful locations, for pleasure, specimen and match anglers alike.