There have been lakes at Fancott for hundreds of years. The natural layers of clay and sand created ponds - the earliest record we have found (1581) shows two small lakes in the position of our fishery. Today the water extends to two and a half acres. Originally stocked in 1997, the spring-fed lake has five islands. Every swim has cover and/or features to fish to, with depths from two to six feet.