Emborough Pond (also known as Lechmere Water) is a 10-acre (40,000 m2) lake between the villages of Emborough and Ston Easton. It was originally a much smaller mill pond. It was held by monks on a 51 year lease from 1525 who stocked it with bream, tench, perch and roach, as they were not allowed to eat meat but were allowed to eat fish. In 1533 locals came and took the fish then throwing down the dam. It is now used for Carp angling.